Friday, August 24, 2012

Going out to eat on GF diet

Wow...this is a tough one.  Especially for our family.  We go out to eat ALL the time!!!  The kids are so used to going out to eat at least once or twice a week during the week - they really don't know what to think about the fact that we have had dinner at home all week long...they are begging me to go out to eat tonight...but I'm so scared they won't eat GF out...and I won't have the strength to say "no"...  So - this morning I was doing a little "research" as to kid-friendly GF foods at some of our favorite restaurants... Here are some of my findings:

Macaroni Grill - (here is link to "Allergen Information" menu) they have several items on the kids menu - AND they carry GF pasta.  Kendall's favorite meal is macaroni and cheese...and they have a GF version of this!!  Yippee!!! Good for Kendall - but Carson...well...I would try to get him to eat a grilled (not fried...) chicken breast and broccolini (??)... Yeah right!  He's not the one I'm as concerned about - but I want to try to stay consistent between the two of them.

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse - (here is link to "Food and Allergen Sensitivities" menu) pretty much the ONLY thing GF on the kids menu here would be applesauce, steamed veggies, or veggies & dip.  Yep....not happening.  However- they do have a GF thin-crust pizza on their menu.  We could get one of those for the kids...and most likely not hear too much squawking.  I have heard that they have a GF pizookie - but I don't see it on the menu...will have to check that out...

Carrabba's Italian Grill - (here is link to GF menu)  Doesn't look like we will be bringing the kids here anytime soon...  All they have for kids is grilled chicken and veggies.  You would think that with as big of a chain as they are - they would be offering some GF pastas by now... oh well

Outback Steakhouse - (here is link to GF menu).  Again - either grilled chicken breast, burger with no bun, ribs or steak and veggies or baked potato (their french fries are not GF - probably because of the seasoning used).  Kendall LOVES their mac n cheese...and I can't see convincing her to have the chicken or burger...yeah right.  Same with Carson.

As to our local favorite, Napolatano's   - I think they have a GF menu - but it isn't posted on their website.  I'll call later today and see if they can email or fax me a copy of it...then I'll update you in cyber world!

So - right now it looks like IF I take the kids out to dinner tonight...Macaroni Grill wins...  BUT I think that I'll just avoid the fight and stay home tonight...  ugghhh

No comments:

Post a Comment